Fruit & Nut Granola
Energy boosting granola to start your day.
2 tbsp puffed quinoa
90g honey / maple syrup
2 tsp zero calorie syrup / vanilla extract / flavoured syrups etc
Handful of : Goji berries, sultanas, almonds & hazelnuts
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C
- in a saucepan, heat the pan on a low heat. Add the quinoa and cover with the lid. Just like popping popcorn, gently heat and allow the quinoa to puff. Be careful though, these little grains are more delicate and burn easily. Use your ears to listen to the little pops and your nose to smell. Remove from the heat once cooked.
- in a large bowl add the wet ingredients
- mix in the oats and quinoa.
- spread across a baking tray.
- bake for 10-15 minutes (stirring occasionally) be careful with the dried fruit as these will cook faster due to the high sugar content and are therefore more prone to burning.