Nothing be beats dark chocolate coated peanut butter cup. A love for peanut butter is something different, you have some people that love the smooth, which means it spread easily on toast, it's a great addition to shakes and bakes, or you have those who love a little crunch and texture in their lives. But seriously, whatever style of peanut butter you love, the salty yet sweet taste of deliciously roasted peanuts topped with velvety dark chocolate is always a winner.
Try these homemade festive peanut butter chocolate gingerbread men, with far less sugar and extra protein to make them a delicious snack option when in need of a treat!
Ingredients (makes 12 small cupcakes or 6 gingerbread men - depending on cookie cutter size)
200g dark chocolate (>75% cacao)
~100g of nuts about whey peanut butter (per 100g 53g protein, 532kcal)
4tbsp coconut oil
1. Firstly heat a sauce pan of water and place a heat proof bowl on top. Add the chopped chocolate to the bowl and allow the steam of the boiling water to melt the chocolate slowly
2. Add 2 tbsp of coconut oil and allow it to melt into the chocolate
3. Turn the heat off, once melted. Leave the bowl on top of the saucepan to keep it warm.
4. In a small bowl, add the peanut butter and the remaining 2 tbsp of coconut oil (melt first). Mix well.
5. Place the cookie cutters on a piece of grease proof paper. Slowly fill the cookie cutters with a little chocolate (pressing down on the sides of the cutters to prevent chocolate leaking out the sides)
6. Place in the freeze to cool and set (~2-4mins)
7. Once set add a tsp of peanut mix and flatten into the cookie cutter with the back of a spoon.
8. Top with left over chocolate and place in the fridge to set.
note: you can place the peanut mix into the freezer for 2 minutes to firm up. Once firm you can roll and then coat in chocolate to make delicious nutty truffles