Quinoa & Linseed Pancake Stack
With pancake day approaching … we look at how we can enjoy this delicious treat without worrying about how unhealthy it is.
Ingredients (pancakes: makes 5 small pancakes = 1 large stack or 2 small stacks)
50g quinoa flour
85g greek yoghurt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
40 ml milk (semi/ skimmed/ almond/ hazelnut/ soya/ coconut)
30g ground linseeds
- in a blender, add all of the above ingredients
- blend on full power until fully combined and smooth
- *if the mix is too thick add a little more milk, alternatively if the mix is too runny add more ground linseeds**
- add coconut oil to a frying pan and melt on a medium heat.
- pour on the pancake batter and wait until you see bubble forming on the surface.
- flip your pancakes and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until golden.
- serve warm and enjoy with Banana and Matcha Ice Cream
Ingredients (Banana & Matcha Ice Cream)
2 tsp matcha green tea powder
30ml milk (of your choice)
- Peal your bananas and place in a blender. Add the matcha green tea powder and milk (*sweetener is optional)
- blend until smooth
- place in a tub and freeze for 2-4 hours
- remove and serve over warm pancakes