Salmon En Croute
Straightforward recipe to make light of a difficult but impressive dish.
200g Plain Wholemeal Flour or Spelt Flour
100g Softened butter
3 tbsp Cold water
1 Salmon Fillet
1 tbsp Cottage Cheese
20g Sweet Red Pepper
- Pastry: Put the flour and butter into a large bowl and fork mash until the mix forms breadcrumbs. Slowly stir in the water and quickly bring the pastry together. (too sticky? add more flour. Too dry?? add a few more drops of water) Wrap in cling film and rest the pastry for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface
- spoon in the center the cottage cheese, top with pepper, salmon fillet and kale. Season with pepper.
- fold in the corners of the pastry to form a parcel and seal with a fork
- egg wash
- bake at 180C for 20 minutes until golden.