Turkey Zucchini Lasagna
Something savoury this week, a delicious turkey courgette lasagna for you to try. Try an alternative to pasta with this recipe featuring turkey mince which is low in fat and a rich source of protein, layered with sliced courgette. Turkey is high in vitamin B12, which is needed for growth and development, a healthy nervous system and normal blood formation. Smaller courgettes will have more flavour and you do not need to peel them. Tasty and good for you too!
Turkey courgette lasagne
400g Turkey mince or Quorn/ meat substitute for vegetarian alternative
1 tablespoon tomato purée
1 white onion
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 ball mozzarella cheese
2 cups 5 oz/ 150g mixed vegetables
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F Gas Mark 4
- In a bowl combine the base ingredients – turkey, pepper, paprika, mixed herbs, & lemon juice.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed
- In a medium pan, over a medium heat add the turkey mix and cook until brown. Use a wooden spoon to break up the turkey as it cooks.
- Remove and place the mix in a large bowl and set aside In the same saucepan, sauté the onions, garlic and chilli over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the mixed veg and cook until softened.
- Add the tomato purée, cook for 1 minute. Add the passata, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer. Whilst simmering add the turkey mix Slice the courgette ¼ inch thick
Time to layer it up.
7. Add a layer of turkey mix, layer with slices of courgette and a few pieces of mozzarella.Repeat until the dish is full. Top layer should be courgette.
8.Finish with mozzarella and season with additional black pepper and mixed herbs Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes
9. Optional – grill for the last 5 minutes to get a golden crunchy top
Enjoy with a fresh veg or a crisp green salad!