Carrot & Banana Cake
1 ½ cups shredded carrots
2 cups self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp cloves
2 large eggs
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup honey
¼ cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
- Greese a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, smash the bananas. Stir in the shredded carrots.
- Whisk in the two eggs.
- add the oil, honey, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir/fold until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a thin knife inserted deep into the cake comes out with moist crumbs
- Allows to cool before removing the bread from the pan and rest on a wire rack to frost