Beetroot, fig & Raw Cacao
Lean Beans Signature Bake
- 100ml sunflower oil (coconut oil)
- 130ml maple syrup
- 40g raw cacao mixed with 40g cacao butter (to make chocolate OR use 50g >70% chocolate)
- 375g spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 fresh figs
- 3 tbsp cacao coated mulberries
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a medium sized sauce pan warm the oil (low heat)
- Add maple syrup and chocolate (either cacao + cacao butter OR >70% chocolate). Stir until the chocolate is melted then remove from heat.
- Grate the pre cooked beetroot and add to the mix
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs then add them to the sauce pan with the chocolate mix.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cacao powder
- Grease a bundt pan or a cake tin with oil to prevent the batter from sticking to side of the pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until slightly dark and crackelated on top and still a little sticky inside.
- Decorate with fresh figs (thinly sliced), homemade chocolate (raw cacao and coconut oil) and scatter with cacao coated mulberries