Beetroot & Chocolate Cake
Lean Beans Signature Bake
- 100ml sunflower oil (coconut oil)
- 130ml maple syrup/honey
- 70 g dark chocolate (>70%)
- 250g pre cooked beetroot
- 375g spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- 60g dried shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a medium sized sauce pan warm the oil (low heat)
- Add maple syrup/ honey and chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is melted then remove from heat.
- Grate the pre cooked beetroot and add to the mix
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs then add them to the sauce pan with the chocolate mix.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cacao powder
- Grease a bundt pan or a cake tin with oil and add shredded coconut to prevent the batter from sticking to side of the pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until slightly dark and crackelated on top and still a little sticky inside.
- Decorate as you please (pistachio, chocolate and coconut / popcorn, shredded coconut and chocolate ...)