Simple, quick and easy bruschetta recipe perfect for an evenings appetiser, side dish or even a main meal.
Bruschetta is all about getting the perfect blend of tomatoes, onions, garlic and basil together and immersing them in olive oil to bring out their intense flavours. In combination with fresh crusty bread toasted in garlic and drizzled with balsamic glaze.
- 2 tomatoes, pitted and diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, diced.
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar (Glaze)
- 1/2 loaf of fresh crusty bread (your choice)
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine and set aside in the fridge to marinate for a few hours (or overnight)
- Slice fresh crusty bread and toast.
- top with the tomato mix
- drizzle with balsamic glaze (optional: top with rocket/ salad leaves)