Nutty about Valentines
Peanut Caramel ProHearts
Ingredients (makes 12 little hearts)
25g chocolate peanut butter whey protein
40g coconut oil
1 1/2 peanuts per heart
60g dates (soaked in boiling water)
80g dark chocolate (>70%)
1. Make the date caramel: in a small bowl add the dates. Add boiling water to the small bowl, enough just to cover the surface of the dates. Leave for ~10-20 mins to soften then use a hand blender (or fork mash) until smooth (can add additional hot water to make smoother)
2. Melt the chocolate and pour a small layer into each heart. Set aside in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set
3. Once the chocolate has set. Roughly chop the peanuts and add 1 1/2 nuts to each heart. top with date caramel.
4. In a bowl, melt the coconut oil. Slowly add the oats and protein powder. The mix should start to form together but it shouldn’t be too dry. Add more melted coconut oil if this is the case.
5. Using the protein oat mix, top each heart and firmly press the mix down. Set aside in the fridge to set.