makes 4 12” pizza bases
3 cups lukewarm water
1 ½ TBSP granulated yeast (2 packets dry active yeast)
1 ½ TBSP Kosher Salt
6 ½ cups unsifted, unbleached, all-purpose white flour, measured with the scoop-and-sweep method
1. Measure out warm tap water. (try not to use cold tap water, warm water helps encourage the dough to rise quicker)
2. Add yeast and salt to water in a bowl.
3. Slowly mix in the flour using a wooden spoon (or the dough hook attachment for the kitchenaid mixer) until the mixture is uniform.
4. Allow the dough to rise at room temperature for 2 to 5 hours: transfer to a large container and cover with a teacloth or lightly oiled piece of clingfilm. Once the dough collapses (flattens on the top) it can be pulled apart and separated into 4 dough balls.
5. Roll out the dough and place on a greased pizza pan or pizza stone
6. Decorate pizza with your choice of toppings – Be creative!
7. Cooking times vary depending on your oven and pan type. Try 9-10 minutes at 220C degrees – keep a close eye the first time you bake the pizza to make sure you don’t burn the crust. Or if your lucky, slip the pizzas into a pizza oven.
Curry powder roasted cauliflower